Diskussion zum Firmware-Thread

• beim IC update gings ja nicht um die grafische darstellung sondern um das SBS problem.

ich hatte mir gedacht das die aussentemp. anzeige etwas größer geworden ist.

da das update nur rund 2mb groß war kann da nicht viel passiert sein in grafischer richtung.

hab unlängst ein digitales kombi bei einem vw geflasht, das waren 226 mb daten inkl. der grafik engine.

• Hi all :)

Sorry guys not meaning to tread on anyone, nor to expose them in anyway.

I have close to 40 years experience with Mazda in Fixed Operations, I worked my way up so to speak and while semi retired today I have lots of contacts both in US and EU/UK.

Fixed Ops meaning Service and Parts.

I personally own a few later model Mazda's and will not own anything else :)

Because of how they are made and the support Mazda Japan gives to their Distributor and Dealer network.

Obviously I have not read back Forum threads and the CX-30 is still very new, even though it is BP Mazda 3 on steroids, however there are lots of parts which are specific for CX-30 only.

Reasons Why I asked about software updates is becasue I Google Translated some posts here, and noted there is lots of software talk and Firmware, for me they are two separate things and also noted as this is a CX-30 Forum that there are posts about Mazda (MZD) Connect Firmware from old Gen 6. The 7th Gen used in BP Mazda 3 and DM CX-30 has zero compatibility, do not attempt to update Connect Firmware from gen 6, won't work anyway.

Yes there has been many Control Module updates and some Mazda Dealers bricking BCM's and ECU's /PCMs, this is mainly becasue MDARS is still all new which started with BP Mazda 3 and still there are lots of PC updates.

But virtually Zero compatibility with current but old Ford IDS, sorry Mazda IDS, which were once a single install on PC until about 4 years ago and Mazda separated from Ford and as we know apart from the last Mazda BT-50 Ute soon there will be zero Ford/Mazda car product from 2021.

Independent Operators.

Again just a caution on what you think can be used.

Thanks for the Link to the Mazda IO Service Portal in USA which has been changing over the years, I had not kept my eye on it and was not aware that MDARS was introduced, as I do not need this portal for personal use.

While Mazda is making these website 'universal or global' or one for all, they are still very restrictive on what is shown and what can be configured by IO.

Yes as an IO you can purchase Licence time, but for the CX-30 'Mazda IDS' has very little use and 99% is all MDARS.

Both IDS and MDARS still has a Program that must be installed onto a PC first, plus MDARS has an MDARS Extension for Chrome, this is the first use of Chrome in Mazda diagnostics as Mazda/Ford IDS uses Internet Explorer ONLY.

How will it work.

Both have licences.

Mazda IDS when installing is Country Specific and you can not change the Country once it is installed onto a PC.

MDARS is not Country Specific but the Bosch MDARS program still must be installed on a PC, currently version 6.2.

Yes MDARS is all could base for action Calibration Files and other information.

Pus MUST have a MAZDA VCM II pass through Module @ $1795.00 each, DO NOT USE cheap Chinese knock offs.

Sometimes IOs can get away with it and then when VCM fail they do a lot of damage.

VCM's have serial numbers which are live crossed checked and as far as I know only Genuine work on MDARS, I personally own a genuine unit. In most cases Mazda Portal will not permit use of MDARS without a registered and licence VCM II., even Mazda Dealers pay an annual licence to use IDS/MDARS.

It is still early days for IO's (independent Operators) and MDARS, the USA is the only Country that has launched any Pay to use for MDARS.

The MME or Europe Mazda IO has yet to include MDARS, time is purchased per hour or day and then month, starts @ 6.00 Euros per hour.

MME IO Portal

Thanks to all my contact I still have lots of information that gets passed on about issues with new models and Technical Bulletins, Firmware, etc.

Happy to help on issues from time to time but Mazda are very good at standing by their product, one piece of advice that works worldwide, having dealt with owners for decades.

Mazda will always, always stand by their product, I have been around and no other brand is as good, they will even fix issues when cars are out of warranty or a very generous goodwill policy where owner contributes.

There are TWO things an owner must do while under new car warranty.

1 Always have car Serviced at your Mazda Dealer, it is OK if you skip one or two, but not all.

2 Always be polite with Service Adviser, Never demand anything unless everything fails give then time becasue IF you have report an issue you are covered no matter how long it takes, make certain Service Adviser writes the problem on Dealer Repair Order (RO) .. OK ,, Sometimes you have a bad private employee @ private Mazda Dealership .... Not all dealerships are perfect but Mazda has been slowly retiring most of the bad ones.

That is all, basically if there are known problems Mazda will always rectify and you are covered, Not All Problems are fixed First time on all new Models, this happens, BUT you will Not be abandoned by Mazda.

These new models are the most sophisticated Mazda I have ever seen, virtually every single electrical part and wiring is monitored or has a DTC assigned to it which logs if any issue occur, so Dealer knows where to start to fix.

As far as CX-30, yes there have been the BCM issue and Dealers bricking them, also the warm air issue with AC on,

Noises from Generator/Alternator, Commander Switch not working, Navigation issues, plus a few more.

They will be resolved.

Anyway I have said enough, I can not perform miracles on a forum, but happy to help IF you redirect me to a particular Form Thread or post IF you have a problem which has specific multiple cases, sorry I can't help with minor or single issues, I do not have the time.

• ganz so lieb kann dich mazda nicht haben - wenn du bereits gerichtlich dazu gezwungen wurdest aussagen auf deiner eigenen homepage zu löschen.

• War ja gestern bei meinem fmh und dort wurde das mit dem Bremsenrückruf erledigt.

Habe ihn auch auf die hier genannten Softwareupdates angesprochen.

Antwort: Sie spielen nur die Updates auf wenn eine Aktion von Mazda vorliegt......

Kennt einer im Kreis Recklinghausen einen fmh der diese Updates ohne Problem aufspielt :?:

:thumbup:- MAZDA CX-5 L Skyactiv-G 194 FWD 5T 6AG AL-Homura Leder schwarz - Farbe: Jet Black - MY 2022 :thumbup: